Summertime Smoothies and Bowls
Recently, I've been putting several summer smoothies and smoothie bowls onto my feed and Instagram story but I haven't really been posting them onto this platform as much. So, for National Smoothie Day, I've compiled a few I've made recently that have been featured on my Instagram! Can't wait to be making these fruity drinks and bowls all summer long. For all of them, just blend the listed ingredients and add more liquid and re-blend as needed. Enjoy!
Mango Strawberry Sorbet
Fun, refreshing, and so simple!
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
**To make bowl pictured at the top of this post, I simply added spinach to the sorbet base and topped with granola, shredded coconut, fresh strawberry, and fresh mango.
Chocolate Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie Bowl
Inspired by Lee From America's recipe! Creamy, filling, and low in sugar.
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 of one fresh avocado (optional)
- 1 scoop almond butter
- 1 tbs cacao powder (or more if you want a more of a chocolate flavor)
- Dash of honey
Tangy, fruity, and a great way to get your greens!
- 1/4 cup beet juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 handfuls of spinach
Layered Summertime Smoothie
Sweet, light, tropical!
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries (added in separately)
- Blend together the coconut milk, pineapple, and mango. Pour half of the blended mixture (or less, depending on how many layers you want) into your glass.
- Add the frozen strawberries (all or just a few depending on how many layers you want) into the pineapple-mango mixture that is still in the blender. Blend on low until the strawberries are thoroughly combined in the mixture and pour into your glass.
- Repeat step 2 if you'd like one or two more layers to the smoothie. More layers create an ombre effect! However, doing more than two layers with the strawberry, you will most likely need a little more than 1/4 cup of frozen strawberry. Enjoy!
Charcoal Strawberry Layered Smoothie
Velvety, subtly fruity, and delicious. Tried to make a black and red smoothie in order to represent my college colors!
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tsp activated charcoal
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 medjool dates
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- a few frozen cherries (optional)